I had additionally shortlisted the VW Taigun and the Kia Seltos. However the resolution to get Kushak was taken extra by coronary heart than head.
BHPian Pravs3012 Lately shared it with different lovers.
- Car : Kushaq MT 1.5 – Type
- Reserving & Supply: August 2022
- Distance coated thus far: 1500 kms
- Engine: 1.5 MT – Glorious. The ability-torque mixture evokes confidence. I think about myself a conservative driver however I do know the automobile can present the mandatory shifts when wanted.
- Seating Consolation: 4 adults are handled to absolute luxurious.
- Driving Place: I am 6 ft tall and lanky, and it fits me nicely.
- Dimension: A selection for me however might not be for others – I am not involved about street presence.
- Visibility: Large distinction coming from the Polo.
- Cabin Sound: Good dealing with however I suppose it’s but to be examined.
- Boot Area: Could also be much less in quantity however nicely designed and undoubtedly good for our utilization.
- Exterior: subjective however my household likes it.
- Skoda Good Options: Make the spacing of the person pockets/charging factors very helpful.
- Security Score: That is extra of a aid than a delight as security was one of many main causes we booked a Skoda (or VW) and therefore something much less would have left a nasty style within the mouth.
don’t love that a lot
- Any household with common use for 4+ adults: fifth passenger will not be so welcome except there’s a youngster or for a brief distance.
- Positioning of AC controls: I feel I have to focus away for a second. Alternatively, it takes a while to get used to the steering controls.
- AC Cooling: May be known as common. It takes time to chill down and the sound is a bit excessive for my consolation. Bangalore’s climate over the previous 2 months meant I by no means needed to maintain it on excessive and that helped.
- Cabin Dimension: Subjective however drivers with bigger frames/physiques might discover the cabin a bit small for consolation. Wanting on the phase, one would possibly wish to evaluate the others for precise dimensions.
- Common Inside: Want they have been higher designed.
- Tyres: I’ve a CEAT as provided by the producer however I’m positive individuals wish to go for a greater variant.
- Lottery feeling: You may get a 10-inch or an 8-inch show, it doesn’t matter what value you pay.
- I’m not a music-loving particular person, however thus far I felt it isn’t the league of Seltos (BOSE, after all).
- Viper – Common.
- One fixed feeling: why give away some mediocre stuff (listed above) for 20 lakhs?
Our first automobile was a Polo Highline Petrol which I’ve been driving since 2014. An absolute magnificence to take a look at and drive, it was excellent for a household of three and the occasional 5 member drive. I really discovered driving in that. Saved it very near coronary heart – aside from the preliminary scratches/dents. Adopted all service routines and ensured insurance coverage was totally utilized to take away any indicators of damage.
We drove 67k kms and it was a really troublesome resolution to let go. The first causes are rear seat distance and my legs beginning to complain concerning the seating place – age maybe? I can go on and write extra however I’ll summarize with one line – The second it was taken away, I saved watching it until I may and it took me again to 2014 once I bought my children Needed to let her enter the daycare gate and I’d watch her so long as I may.
So as to not sink you into an emotional nicely, let me come straight to the second half.
normal of change
- Security (the truth that it bought 5 stars helped me really feel higher concerning the resolution).
- Driving pleasure with 3/4 household seating. We have now an computerized Kwid for metropolis commute. It does its job very nicely.
- Finances not more than 20l.
- Engine energy – wished greater than what the Polo provided.
Subsequent Steps: Check Drive and Reserving
I shortlisted 4 vehicles so as of desire – Jeep, Taigun, Kushaq and Seltos.
The primary one remained in my coronary heart, however I canceled the take a look at drive just because I did not need my coronary heart to dictate the funds. Preferred each Taigun and Kushaq within the driving sense. Kushaq is best in seems however Tigun in interiors. The Seltos was enjoyable to drive, had superb options, and the cabin was nothing in need of a gadget gallery. The gross sales workforce was very sensible and responsive. Why I made a decision in opposition to it – Not fairly positive because it was a tricky resolution however someplace deep in my coronary heart the VW expertise performed a component.
The story that adopted is an ideal instance of a gross sales workforce serving to making a decision and Skoda SA profiting from the chance whereas the blokes at Taigun did not care in any respect. This could not imply something normally and might solely be a private expertise.
I had determined to trade the Polo by a supplier and right here once more, the Skoda guys have been very aggressive whereas the VW workforce was calm. I felt like future was main us to Kushak and on the identical day we have been taken to PPS Motors, Jakkur- Bangalore.
My resolution to go for the 1.5 MT was clear from day one although it was challenged a number of occasions to go for the DSG primarily by my spouse and the supplier. I had heard concerning the enhancements however nonetheless wished to drop the potential DSG points sooner or later. I wished honey orange, however my spouse and son clearly targeted on Pink (Twister) and I used to be vetoed. As I used to be driving the automobile, the colour needs to be in line with the household.
The reserving course of was simple. Supply time was 2 weeks. SA saved me within the loop on a regular basis. He was nice for a PDI and shared particulars if I wish to go for it. Wanting on the expertise with him throughout this time and after he shared each element and answered all of the questions concerning the automobile like OVRM, VIN, tyres, I made a decision to go away it at that and belief my instincts.
And at last, the date got here – took a present for SA and accomplished the remainder of the formalities. There was some confusion relating to the fee of SMP. I used to be beneath the (incorrect) impression that by eradicating it from the associated fee breakup, the supplier is paying however which means I’d have paid on the time of supply if I wished to. Particular shoutout to Vaibhav from PPS Jakkur. He was very well mannered and immediate throughout all the course of. He deserves lots of my credit score for going with Kushak over evaluating him to Taegun.
The small print are (Booked in August 2022)
- Ex-showroom: 17,19,000
- Street Tax: 3,27,038
- Loyalty Bonus for Polo (-20k)
- Insurance coverage: Drive Assurance: 55k (went with supplier)
- Last Worth = round 21 lakhs which incorporates 25k for 4th 12 months upkeep package deal and 30k for fifth and sixth 12 months guarantee.
- Simply to say, we additionally used HDFC Regalia to avail 25k low cost.
I did not go for any PPF or another accent. Hindsight tells me I ought to have gone with completely different tires however that is left for the long run because the funds appeared stretched in the meanwhile.
expertise thus far
- It took a while to regulate to the distinction in engine energy, torque and primarily the clutch/gears. I needed to be cautious getting it out of the basement as a result of the automobile went quicker than I am used to. The engine is peppy and dealing with a wide range of roads easily no pace actually seems like a quantity.
- Suspension is sweet if not nice. Just a few potholes (not uncommon right here) have been felt however normally, the suspension and GC assist.
- Driving is enjoyable and through my solely freeway drive to Pondicherry thus far, I loved it undoubtedly. The automobile beeps each time you cross 80 and is constantly above 120. I do not like driving above 100 it doesn’t matter what the freeway however my son wished to listen to the continual beep as soon as and the automobile duly obliged however it was sufficient to not attempt once more.
- Coming from a 3-spoke Polo, the 2-spoke steering took a while to regulate to. It is just a little mild for my liking however evokes confidence.
- Steering controls require some coaching however as soon as we perceive them, they’re simple to function.
- Love the sitting posture which hasn’t given me any complaints in 3 months.
- Apart from the primary time, I’m utilizing Shell or XP95 on Indian Oil. I’m but to expertise a change if I take advantage of the rest.
- I feel going for higher tires would have been resolution however I used to be positive to not spend a single penny extra.
- Skilled a weak squealing sound whereas revving a few occasions – will wait and see and determine after that.
- The reverse digital camera works each time, however the strains will not be very sharp.
- Wi-fi charging labored 8/10 occasions.
- In conclusion – I simply cannot get bored with driving this automobile.
Happiness is the phrase I’d affiliate with the expertise thus far. I’m not a educated one who can level out the technicalities and this resolution was extra pushed by coronary heart than thoughts.
From an after gross sales perspective the long run will inform. With religion in God and fingers crossed, I sit up for clocking many extra miles on this lovely automobile.
Some pics to share and finest needs to all.
See BHPian feedback for extra perception and data.