Sausage Inexperienced Bean Potato Casserole is a straightforward bake brimming with taste. You will benefit from the pops of freshness from the slices of smoked sausage, chunks of seasoned baked potato, and inexperienced beans! This can be a true household favourite.
There’s nothing like a casserole to make dinner simpler. Particularly once I get to make use of canned, frozen, or pre-made elements! (After all, I at all times use recent once I can — and you’ll even use recent greens on this recipe!)
When my household and I get just a little uninterested in our normal hen and beef dinner, I like to make one thing particular and completely different.
So for this Sausage Inexperienced Bean Potato Casserole, I take advantage of kielbasa! This can be a mouthwatering Polish sausage that provides a smoky, seasoned taste all by itself.
The true secret to creating an awesome casserole dish is to bake and brown the meat and potatoes earlier than including the inexperienced beans.
You bake all of the spices and oils into the skins of every, in order that no floor is left raw!
This is what I will train you on this put up:
A full printable model of this recipe with ingredient measurements is out there on the backside of this put up.
- A step-by-step information to savory casserole you could make in lower than an hour.
- A couple of completely different choices for making your vegetable casserole that you will love essentially the most!
- Easy methods to make this Sausage Inexperienced Bean Potato Casserole Recipe in a sluggish cooker.
You can also make a wonderful Sausage Inexperienced Bean Casserole with frequent, easy-to-find, easy-to-prepare elements!
Layers of succulent sausage, seasoned potatoes, and scrumptious inexperienced beans add a vacation really feel to any time of 12 months.
Easy methods to make Sausage Inexperienced Bean Potato Casserole
first step: Preheat the oven to 400 levels.
Second Step: In case you are utilizing child or “new” potatoes, or lower the potatoes in half into quarters when they’re ripe. Chop the kielbasa as effectively, ensuring the meat and greens are roughly the identical measurement.
step Three: Switch the sliced spuds and sausage to the baking dish. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and onion powder over the dish. Drizzle all of the olive oil excessive as effectively and toss to coat.
Step 4: Bake lined with aluminum foil for 25 minutes till potatoes and meat are browned.
Step 5: Take away the dish from the oven and open it so as to add the inexperienced beans. Toss beans to combine evenly amongst different elements. Cowl with aluminum foil as soon as once more and return the dish to the oven to bake for 25 to Half-hour.
Step Six: Take away your Sausage Inexperienced Bean Potato Casserole from the oven and maintain lined till able to serve.
Which is the most effective potato to make use of for potato casserole?
First, I like to recommend utilizing child potatoes. All you must do is clear them, lower them in half, and drop them straight into the dish.
You will should quarter the bigger ones, including just a little extra time to the preparation course of.
As for potato varieties, every has its personal benefits and drawbacks, so take into account these information when studying the yield part:
- pink potatoes Are moist and waxy with skinny pores and skin and candy style. They fry so effectively!
- Fingering Potatoes Are wealthy and buttery, however fairly agency.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes They aren’t too starchy, and their pores and skin tastes good. This selection can be fairly buttery in style.
- russet potatoesOur tried-and-true, there are at all times indulgents with a thick pores and skin that identical to to carry on to the seasonings.
Can You Make Inexperienced Bean Potato Casserole within the Sluggish Cooker?
you’ll be able to! The largest distinction with the crockpot technique is that you must brown the sausage and potatoes on the range first to get the identical texture and taste that you just get with the unique recipe.
As soon as it is mentioned and carried out, you merely construct up the layers as directed within the recipe, and cook dinner on excessive for 4 hours or extra.
Ought to You Peel Potatoes for Potato Casserole?
solely if you wish to. Personally, I like the feel and taste I get from the potato skins within the dish!
I additionally discover that preserving the pores and skin intact retains the seasonings just a little higher, providing you with a greater style general.
When discarding the skins, you’ll want to scrub the spuds totally to take away any and all filth or different particles from the vegetable.
Can You Make Sausage Inexperienced Bean Potato Casserole from Recent Inexperienced Beans?
Completely! You will get a scrumptious crispiness from recent greens you could’t obtain with the canned possibility. The identical is true of frozen.
In the event you go for a frozen product, permit it to thaw within the fridge after which pat it dry with a paper towel earlier than pouring it into the dish.
Different Casserole Recipes You will Love:
1 Hour 5 minutes
1.5 pound child potatoes
1 package deal of kielbasa
2- 15 ounce cans inexperienced beans, drained
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to style
- Preheat your oven to 400 levels.
- Reduce your child potatoes in half or quarters so they’re roughly the identical measurement.
- Slice your kielbasa.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, place your potatoes and kielbasa. Season with salt and pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and onion powder. Then sprinkle olive oil over the elements. Use a spatula to toss the elements so they’re evenly coated within the olive oil and seasonings.
- Cowl with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take away the dish from the oven and add the inexperienced beans. Use a spatula to include them with the potatoes and kielbasa. Put the foil again on and return it to the oven.
- Bake for one more 25-Half-hour.
- Take away and luxuriate in!
quantity per Serving:
Energy: 444complete fats: 28gSaturated fats: 7GTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated fat: 19gLdl cholesterol: 45mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 7GSugar: 8GProtein: 13G
This dietary info relies on the precise merchandise I used on this recipe. The manufacturers and sizes of merchandise can change the precise diet and may at all times be calculated independently.