Should you share your pc with others, you may need to forestall different customers from altering your Home windows password. This may be helpful in case you have a number of folks working in your system, and you do not need to give them the choice to alter the password.
When you end with this text, solely it is possible for you to to handle passwords in your system. As such, let’s learn how to stop customers from altering passwords on Home windows.
Why do you have to forestall customers from altering home windows password?
Earlier than we go deep into how one can forestall different customers from altering your password, let’s first perceive why you’ll need to cease them from doing so. There are a number of explanation why you won’t need different customers to entry or change your password.
Suppose you’re sharing your pc with your folks or household. Should you give them the power to alter the password in your Home windows pc, they will use this energy to lock you out of the system. They’ll change the password you set for his or her account to disclaim you entry, and even change their very own password so as to’t log into their profile.
Now that you realize why it is advisable to forestall customers from altering their Home windows password, let’s speak about how one can cease them.
The best way to forestall customers from altering home windows password
If you wish to forestall customers from altering Home windows passwords, you are able to do so by Group Coverage Editor, Registry Editor, or the Pc Administration instrument. Here’s a detailed description for every of them.
1. The best way to Use Group Coverage Settings to Forestall Customers from Altering Home windows Password
There are a number of strategies that can be utilized to stop customers from altering their Home windows passwords. One is to make use of the Native Group Coverage Editor.
Nonetheless, in case you are utilizing the Home windows Dwelling version, the Native Group Coverage Editor won’t be accessible by default. As such, it’s best to first activate the Group Coverage Editor in Home windows Dwelling earlier than persevering with.
Listed below are the steps it is advisable to observe to stop others from altering your Home windows password:
- Open the Run Command dialog field.
- Sort “gpedit.msc” within the textual content area and press Okay Button to open Native Group Coverage Editor.
- Navigate to the next path:
Person Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Del Choices
- to pick Ctrl+Alt+Del different from the left, then double-click change password take away on the correct.
- When the dialog field seems, choose Lively radio button.
- Click on to request And Okay When you could have completed making your modifications.
- For the modifications to take impact, you will need to restart your pc.
After restarting your pc, it is time to verify if the choice to alter the password is disabled. press Ctrl + Alt + Del key mixture and double verify that you just can not see the “Change Password” button on the “Safety” dialog field.
Be aware that performing these steps won’t forestall Home windows from asking customers to create a brand new password if mandatory. If a password expires or an administrator wants to alter the password, the system will nonetheless immediate the person to set a brand new one.
2. The best way to Modify the Registry to Forestall Customers from Altering the Home windows Password
One other technique to stop customers from altering their Home windows passwords is to make use of the Registry Editor. Nonetheless, you should be cautious to not unintentionally mess up the Home windows Registry on this course of. You possibly can severely harm your gadget in the event you edit the fallacious keys. Subsequently, it’s best to all the time again up the registry earlier than modifying any settings.
This is forestall Home windows customers from altering the password by Registry Editor:
- press Win + R To open the Run command dialog field.
- Sort “regedit” within the search area and click on Okay,
- A UAC window will seem on the display; Click on Sure To verify your motion.
- When Registry Editor is opened, navigate to the next location:
- If the Insurance policies key doesn’t exist, you will need to create it. To do that, right-click on CurrentVersion and choose New > Key,
- put the identify insurance policies within the File Identify area and press Enter to put it aside.
- Now in the correct pane, right-click on an empty house and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Worth,
- Identify the DWORD key as disable change password after which press enter.
- Double-click on the newly created DWORD key to open a pop-up window.
- choose the hexadecimal Arrange base and worth knowledge 1,
- click on now Okay To save lots of modifications.
After making these modifications, shut the Registry window and restart your pc. Should you ever need to undo the modifications, you are able to do so at any time. In Registry Editor, right-click on the DisableChangePassword key and choose Revised, set the worth knowledge to 0 and kill Okay button to use the modifications.
3. The best way to Forestall Customers from Altering Home windows Password Utilizing Pc Administration
Should you’re utilizing the Home windows Dwelling version and do not know a lot about enhancing the registry, it’s possible you’ll need to attempt the Pc Administration path as an alternative. This is how you should use pc administration instruments to stop customers from altering Home windows passwords.
- Proper-click on the Begin menu and choose pc Administration from menu checklist.
- When you open the Pc Administration instrument, navigate to the next path:
Pc Administration (Native) > System Instruments > Native Customers and Teams > Customers
- From the left pane, click on on customers Folder to see your Home windows accounts listed within the center pane.
- Now, right-click on the account you need to forestall from altering your Home windows password, then choose Property from the context menu.
- Within the Properties window, you may be on Common tab.
- Then verify the field subsequent to person cannot change Password,
- Subsequent, click on Apply > OK To save lots of your modifications.
After making the above modifications, nobody else will have the ability to change the password. Any try to alter it would lead to an error message stating “Home windows can not change password”.
Your Home windows Password is Now Protected
It is pretty simple to alter a Home windows password when another person has entry to your pc or in the event you share it with them. Nonetheless, you do not need to modify your working system in a method that makes it tough so that you can use it in any respect. To resolve this downside, attempt any of the strategies which can be described on this article.