Since Android 12, you’ve been in a position to shortly sync your entire necessary information from an outdated iPhone to a brand new Google Pixel or Android gadget through cable. “Swap to Android” is a superb choice for these missing a cable, and right here’s how one can use it.
The “Swap to Android” app is Google’s equal of the “Transfer to iOS” app that’s accessible on the Play Retailer for these desirous to make the bounce from Android to iOS. This brand-new utility ought to work with most Android gadgets which have been up to date or restored just lately.
In some circumstances, you might must cross by means of the preliminary Android setup part and obtain any system updates earlier than it you may entry the brand new choice to switch a few of your most necessary iPhone information while not having a wire.
That mentioned, utilizing a wire is one of the simplest ways to switch all of your iPhone information to an Android cellphone. This even consists of SMS messages and even any apps that you could have downloaded. Our recommendation is to make use of a lightning to USB-C cable the place doable to make sure that your entire information is absolutely synced.
Video — The way to use the Swap to Android app for iOS [Video]
Subscribe to 9to5Google on YouTube for extra movies
While you launch Swap to Android for the primary time, it’s sometimes Google-y with the primary display together with an app explainer telling you simply what sorts of issues you may copy out of your iPhone to your new Android cellphone, together with “pictures, movies, contacts, and extra.”
Obtain the Swap to Android app in your iPhone or iPad
- Obtain the Swap to Android app from the App Retailer. This will not seem within the App Retailer seek for no matter motive. In that case, use this direct hyperlink to obtain the app in your iPhone or iPad.
- Settle for the Phrases of Service and Privateness Coverage acknowledgement.
- Allow digicam entry by tapping “OK”.
Setup your restored or contemporary Android cellphone
- From a restored or contemporary launch state, guarantee you might be linked to the identical Wi-Fi community as your iPhone and proceed by means of the preliminary setup course of till you attain the “Copy apps & information” display.
- Faucet “Subsequent” till prompted to “Discover your outdated gadget’s cable.”
- Now faucet “No cable?” adopted by “Proceed.”
- Faucet the “Switching from iPhone or iPad” immediate slightly below the animated switching telephones glyph.
- Enable Location entry then add your Google Account to make sure that iOS Calendar occasion information is synced to your new Android gadget.
- Proceed to the “Scan the QR code together with your iPhone or iPad digicam” web page.
Connecting your iOS and Android telephones
- Level the QR code scanner on the QR code in your new Android cellphone.
- A immediate will seem asking “Swap to Android Desires to Be part of Wi-Fi Community <gadget identify>?” from right here faucet “Be part of.”
- A “On the brink of join display” will seem and try to attach your two handsets.
- For those who encounter issues through the connection course of, you may faucet the “Can’t scan QR code?” in your iPhone/iPad and Android cellphone to manually join your gadgets utilizing a community password and direct IP deal with data.
- When each gadgets are linked a brand new immediate will seem studying “Swap to Android want to discover and connect with gadgets in your native community.” From right here faucet “OK” to provoke.
- Now you’ll have the ability to select simply what information is copied out of your iOS gadget together with “Contacts,” “Calendar occasions,” “Images,” and “Movies.” Under these toggles, there’s a disclaimer that solely the pictures and movies saved regionally in your iPhone shall be copied over to your new Android, and that media in your iCloud shall be dealt with later.
- Upon getting made your choice, faucet “Proceed.”
- Now you’ll be prompted to allow entry to the entire sections that you’ve got chosen. Merely faucet “OK” to permit entry.
- The info in your iPhone or iPad ought to now start copying to your Android cellphone.
In your Android gadget
- This course of will happen within the background in your new Pixel or Android cellphone permitting you to proceed with the setup course of.
- You’ll be prompted by the Swap to Android app to disable iMessage in your iPhone or iPad with a devoted toggle. This can seem even in case you have already disabled iMessage in your gadget.
- The ultimate step lets you ship a request to repeat pictures out of your iCloud account to Google Images. This ensures that something not regionally saved in your iPhone is transferred to your Google Account and never left behind.
In your Android gadget
- A brand new display will affirm simply what information has been copied efficiently. Now you can faucet “Carried out” to proceed with the remainder of your gadget setup course of.
Now that the method has been efficiently accomplished, it is best to have the ability to entry your entire Contacts, Images, Movies, and Calendar information in your Android cellphone. As we’ve already talked about, we nonetheless extremely suggest transferring your information with a lightning to USB-C cable for a full copy of all of the content material in your iPhone operating in your new Android cellphone.
Extra on Android:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Take a look at 9to5Google on YouTube for extra information: